maandag 3 juli 2017

My Fair Lady (1964) - Show Me

My Fair Lady (1964) - Show Me


My Fair Lady is a 1964 American musical film adaptation of the Lerner and Loewe eponymous stage musical based on the 1938 film adaptation of the original 1913 stage play Pygmalion by George Bernard Shaw. With a screenplay by Alan Jay Lerner and directed by George Cukor, the film depicts a poor Cockney flower seller Eliza Doolittle who overhears an arrogant phonetics professor, Henry Higgins, as he casually wagers that he could teach her to speak "proper" English, thereby making her presentable in the high society of Edwardian London.

The film won eight Academy Awards, including Best Picture, Best Actor, and Best Director.


 Freddie: Speak, and the world is full of singing
And I am winging higher than the birds
Touch and my heart begins to crumble
The heaven's tumble
Darling, and I'm.. (interrupted by Eliza)

Eliza: Words, words, words!
I'm so sick of words
I get words all day through
First from him, now from you
Is that all you blighters can do?

Don't talk of stars, burning above
If you're in love, show me!
Tell me no dreams, filled with desire
If you're on fire, show me!

Here we are together in the middle of the night
Don't talk of spring, just hold me tight
Anyone who's ever been in love will tell you that
This is no time for a chat

Haven't your lips longed for my touch?
Don't say how much, show me, show me
Don't talk of love lasting through time
Make me no undying vow
Show me now!

Sing me no song, read me no rhyme
Don't waste my time, show me!
Don't talk of June, don't talk of fall
Don't talk at all!
Show me!

Never do I ever want to hear another word
There isn't one, I haven't heard
Here we are together in what ought to be a dream
Say one more word and I'll scream

Haven't your arms, hungered for mine?
Please don't "expline", show me, show me!
Don't wait until wrinkles and lines
Pop out all over my brow, show me now!


Without (Turkish) subtitles, but in lesser quality

Audrey Hepburn - My Fair Lady (1964) - Show Me 

 

 

My Fair Lady "Show Me" Music Video

 

 

My Fair Lady

 


Someone wants another one

 

 

A CRAZY LOVE AFFAIR

 

 

 

The first cut won't hurt at all - What I have learned from being married...

 

 

 

You're equal but different, It's obvious

 

 

 

The Perfect Plea Bargain: The BLOOD of JESUS Christ

 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.